The Chris Reeve Sebenza 2014 BLADE Show Knife is available NOW—and you’d better hurry if you want one because they are in a super-limited edition of only 12. Historically, the lower the number of the limited edition, the more valuable the knives will be, and 12 is one of the lower limited-edition numbers on knives you will see, especially for a BLADE Show knife.
Voted No. 2 in BLADE® Magazine on the list of the top custom knives from the years 1989-2000, the Sebenza is Reeve’s most famous knife and remains his most popular model. Made today in a factory iteration, the knife recently celebrated its 25th anniversary with the introduction of the Model 25, an exclusive version of which serves as the 2014 BLADE Show Knife.
Featuring the official 2014 BLADE Show logo and limited-edition number embossed on the handle, each of the dozen knives includes new concepts Chris Reeve brought to the Model 25, all in celebration of the 25th anniversary. Click here to buy one of 12 BLADE Show Sebenzas.
Those concepts include:
- The first blade to feature Large Hollow Grind Technology, a blend of the best of hollow and flat grinds;
- A shaped phosphor bronze washer on the lock side brings additional stability to that side of the blade;
- An eighth-inch ceramic ball acts as the interface between the lock bar and the blade, and doubles to drop into the detent, ensuring the blade stays in place when closed;
- Larger perforations in the washers reduce friction, store more lubricant and offer space for small dirt particles to move away from the blade/washer interface, helping prevent the blade action from becoming “sticky”;
- 416 heat-treated stainless steel drop pin;
- Asymmetrical pattern thumb serrations on the blade’s curved thumb ramp give excellent purchase, and;
- At .140 inch thick, the blade is more robust than previous Sebenza models.
In addition, the knife features:
- CPM S35VN stainless blade steel;
- Blade length: 3.625 inches;
- Weight: 5.2 ounces, and;
- Closed length: 4.71 inches.
Click here to buy one of 12 BLADE Show Sebenzas exclusively from ShopBlade.com. Hurry!
Knife Guide Issue features the newest knives and sharpeners, plus knife and axe reviews, knife sheaths, kit knives and a Knife Industry Directory. Get your FREE digital PDF instant download of the annual Knife Guide. No, really! Click Here to Get Your Free Issue