Now you can download an app that includes knife laws for all 50 states on your iPad, iPhone or other handheld or personal devices. Knife Rights announces the LegalBlade™ App that includes Knife Laws In America™. LegalBlade provides guidance at your fingertips to the knife laws of all 50 states, as well as some cities and local jurisdictions across the United States.
Knife Rights Founder and Chairman Doug Ritter said, “While Knife Rights will continue to aggressively work to repeal bad knife laws, knowledge of the law is the first step in avoiding an unfortunate arrest, loss of your knife or other legal complications. Knife Rights’ LegalBlade app was originally conceived back when I saw the first iPhone in 2007, shortly after Knife Rights was organized. I am pleased that we can finally offer knife owners a comprehensive, up-to-date and readily accessible compendium of knife laws that’s been sorely needed.
Features of the LegalBlade app:
- Includes the knife laws of all 50 states and the District of Columbia, plus cities
- Results presented incorporate judicial decisions that affect how the law is actually enforced
- Easy to understand, color-coded tables
- Comprehensive information on the legality of Possession, Open Carry and Concealed Carry for all common knife types, including those most often restricted
- Includes length restrictions, age restrictions and other restrictions in the law
- Includes the text of the state law, plus applicable portions of court decisions that further define what is legal and what is not
- “What To Do If Stopped or Arrested,” by Evan Nappen, noted knife law expert and attorney, provides clear, concise information to protect your rights if you are ever stopped for carrying a knife or arrested for a knife law violation
- All legal data is maintained on the server for instant law updates and the addition of more cities going forward
All data is maintained on the server to ensure users always have the most current information that is available to Knife Rights. As more cities are added to the database, they automatically become available to the LegalBlade App.
The LegalBlade™ App is available now in the Google Play Store.
It is expected to be available in the Apple App Store within two weeks; it is currently awaiting App Store approval. For more on knives and knife rights, click here.